Thursday 17 March 2011

My Place ELP!

Hello! It's me again! We have been working hard on our ELPs. Take a look at mine!


City- I built this on google sketch up. I learned how to use a lot of tools on Google Sketch Up while creating it. I constantly used the orbit tool to get different perspectives on the sketch up city!


Also, before questions are asked, this is a hippy commune west of the Starke lake, Florida. I found a small, uninhabited area there. There is an amazing water supply!

It is peace shaped to show just how much we are into flower power!


The middle is the water supply, the black is colored to represent bridges. The dirt road goes under the supply, and there is a marked off area to get  to the other side. I couldn't make the road continue to be brown, without making everything else that color. Also, that it why the park is not green.




Some more views of the sketch up city!






 This is the Storm Shelter. It is shaped as a wig wam, and in it you can sign up for classes on cooking, sewing, and hunting. Our teachers are living here, but are from a reservation where they grew up.
This is our Yoga and Meditation Hall, it is more formally referred to as the Yoga and Meditation Center. It is painted with eco-friendly paints, and is built with bio-degradable (after a while) cement. Any wood it was built with was found in the forest, not chopped down from a living tree.














This is my ad for my city! Sorry it's so long, I worked really hard to make the music in the background (Imagine by John Lennon, but cut down), so I'll put on just the sound track if I can!





This is my Newspaper Article! It features my two buildings, and also gives information on living there.


It is a Pages document, but I uploaded it to Slide Share!


My original birds eye view included some things that are not in the newer version, but I wish they were!




Review:

City- I enjoyed making it, and had a fun time using my computer after planning it on a piece of A3 paper. I took the idea of making it a shape from Brasilia, which is shaped like a butterfly. I think that we should do mare projects where we use Google Sketch Up to create something.

Article- It was interesting to get a different perspective on building the city. I had to look at it from a reporter's point of view.

Featured Buildings- Just like the city, I enjoyed using my computer to make them. The Storm Shelter was originally  shaped after a wig wam, but is higher, and takes more of a 'tee pee' shape. The Yoga and Meditation Hall just took it's own shape. The place where it's located has a lot to do with the shape. If it was square, it would take up too much shape, and if it was small, it wouldn't be appropriate to feature.

Ad- I feel like the song in the background was a great choice, but I wish that it was good with out being as long as it is. The pictures are timed well to go along with saying what I had to say.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you used sketch up to make yr buildings and I also like the way the information is in order but I think you should put more pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your Google Sketchup and your details/info and stuff :D
    I would try to use Google Sketchup like you did in the future (if I am skilled enough haha).
    I think maybe you should get your advertisement on and maybe make the document viewable~ Then I will probably give a better target. But great job on everything! Yo rock! :)

    ReplyDelete